Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 8

I love Facebook...but not for the same reasons my friends do. I love it for the games! MySpace doesn't compare in this respect. I do not use my real name, though and I don't use a picture of myself. In fact, I have my privacy settings to where only my friends can see my stuff. I enjoy finding friends and family and adding new ones to my facebook...but it's still all about the games.

That being said, I see many uses for social networks in education. The biggest problem is to use them appropriately, meaning for educational purposes. And, as always, I worry about student safety. I don't think students realize how much they expose themselves through their MySpace pages and they often just won't listen to reason. Even some adults don't make wise choices when it comes to what info to post and what pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment